I-Iron-4-U - Our Terms & Conditions Of Service
Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
- 'We' or 'Us', or ‘Our’ - means I-Iron-4-U.
- 'Customer’ - means a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Us.
- ‘Contract' - means the Contract entered into for the Service offered by Us to the Customer whether in writing or not.
- Service’ - means the services provided by Us, for the Customer on their request, and shall include any part or parts of it and any materials incorporated in it
- ‘Conditions' - means the I-Iron-4-U Terms & Conditions Of Service set out herein.
Basis Of Contract
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by Us these Conditions shall supersede all earlier Conditions stipulated or referred to by Us or stipulated or referred to by the Customer. By agreeing to use the Service provided by Us the Customer acknowledges that these Conditions apply.
Variation Of Conditions
- We will not be bound by any proposed variation of these Conditions by the Customer unless agreed by Us in writing. Any variation of these conditions made by Us shall be notified to the Customer in writing and shall apply to all Service following issue of such notification.
Collections & Deliveries
- We undertake to make Our collections and deliveries timely and convenient. If circumstances beyond Our control make it impossible to deliver items during agreed times, then collection or delivery will be made at the earliest opportunity on the next working day.
- Collections must be booked in advance. We will collect items at the Customer's request in accordance with the agreed collection schedule and items will be delivered back to the Customer in accordance with the delivery schedule. We reserve the right to determine collection and delivery times and to reschedule such times on prior notice to the Customer.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the items are handed to Us and We are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of items left unattended by the Customer.
- We will not enter a Customer's house or office unless specifically invited to do so. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur due to Our entering the premises of a Customer.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide Service to any Customer.
- If the Customer is not available at the time the scheduled collection/delivery time and location, a card will be left inviting the Customer to arrange another collection/delivery time. The collection/delivery will not be rebooked automatically and We reserve the right to charge for missed deliveries/collections at £5 per missed delivery/collection
Selecting Items For Ironing
- The Customer agrees NOT to send for ironing (a) non-iron items (b) items labelled for dry cleaning only (c) items that are soiled or unwashed (d) items not meant for ironing, in, or attached to any of the items to be ironed or inside any of the bags. The customer is responsible for all damage to the items, Us and Our ironing equipment arising as a result of items left in the bags.
Prices & Payments
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the prices for our Service will be those stated on Our price list at the date of Service.
- All charges must be paid in full either upon delivery of the completed work by cash, or prior to delivery when paying by BACS.
- If the Customer fails to pay the invoice value of the Service by the due date it shall pay interest on the unpaid amount, from the date on which payment was due to that on which it is made, at the rate of 3 per cent per annum over the Bank Of England Base Rate on the date payment was due.
- We do not accept liability for damage due to ironing of items without care instructions or for items ironed in accordance with care labels or other instructions provided.
- We reserve the right to refuse to iron any item.
- We are not responsible for loss of, or damage to any of the Customer's personal or non-iron-able items left in the garments or bags such as money or jewellery or any other item.
- To eliminate the possibility of allergies, We only use plain water to create steam during the ironing process.
- We will do Our utmost to ensure that the ironing operation maintains a high quality service. If the Customer is not completely satisfied with the quality of service, the Customer must notify us within 2 working days of the date that the consignment was returned. We will acknowledge any complaints, inspect any items subject to complaint and take action to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Lost Items - In the unlikely event of an item becoming lost the Customer must inform Us verbally within 2 working days and in writing within 5 working days from the date the consignment was returned to the Customer. On receipt of written notification We will send the Customer a lost item report which must be returned to Us. Due to the fact that the contents of each bag are not itemised We are unable to accept liability for the loss of any item. Payment for the loss of any item is limited to £20, which is strictly on a goodwill basis and Without Prejudice.
- Damaged Items - We exercise utmost care in ironing and processing items entrusted to Us and use such processes that, in Our opinion, are best suited to the nature and condition of each individual item, We are not liable for inherent weaknesses or defects in materials which may result in tears, loss of loose buttons or development of holes in fabric that are not readily apparent prior to ironing. In the unlikely event of an item becoming damaged during ironing , collection or delivery the Customer must advise us verbally within 2 working days and in writing within 5 working days from the date that the consignment was returned to the customer. On receipt of written notification We will send the Customer a damaged item report which must be returned to Us. Payment for a damaged item is limited to £20, which is strictly on a goodwill basis and Without Prejudice.
- We shall be afforded reasonable opportunity and facilities to investigate any claims made under these Conditions.
- We shall have no liability whatsoever with regard to any claim in respect of which the Customer has not complied with these Conditions.
- We are fully insured for public liability to a value of £1,000,000.
- If it is necessary to cancel a pre-booked ironing collection or delivery the Customer should endeavour to give at least 24 hours notification.
- Customers must provide a clear set of instructions in writing for any items that require special procedures. For example no creases in trousers, no creases in shirt sleeves, etc.. If no instructions are provided We will complete the ironing in accordance with our normal practice.
- We use wire hangers for all hanging garments. Customers who prefer to supply their own hangers must include these in the bag of items and must inform Us of this special requirement. We will match garments to the hangers in the best way possible.
- For Health & Safety reasons, we request Customers limit the contents of any one bag to 8Kg.
Extent of Liability
- In no event shall We be liable to the Customer for loss of profit, loss of use, loss of revenue or interest, loss of goodwill, damages, costs or expenses or any other economic, indirect or consequential loss arising out of breach of contract, tort of any kind, or otherwise.
- Except as provided in these Conditions We shall have no liability to the Customer (other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence) for any loss or damage of whatsoever arising in any way whatsoever.
- We shall not be liable for any failure of, delay in, performance of any work or part thereof in pursuance of these terms & conditions which is wholly or partially to the imposition, application or enactment of any law or statutory regulation (whether of the United Kingdom or elsewhere) by any competent authority, strikes, lock outs, an act of God or natural disaster or another cause or occurrence reasonably beyond Our control.
- Any opinion or advice or technical information furnished by Us is supplied only on the basis that We shall be under no liability in respect thereof.
- The invalidity of the whole or any part of these Conditions shall not affect the validity of the remaining part of that Condition or Conditions
- Any notices to be given under contract shall be in writing and forwarded via email to Us at the address last notified in writing to the other party and shall be deemed to have been given on the date of receipt.
- The Contract shall be governed by English Law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in all matters regarding this contract.